A best temperature sensing baby monitor needs to be very precise in detecting the room temperature and communicating that information back to the receiver seamlessly so that parents can be aware of temperature thresholds and take prompt action. And most of the baby monitors are now integrating this useful feature of temperature monitoring. If you are one of those who is specifically looking for temperature sensing enabled baby monitors, then we have a good news for you. We are saving your research time to a great extent by compiling a list of top 5 such baby monitors with temperature monitoring features.
How have we shortlisted these products?
We have conducted vast research, not only looked into temperature monitoring feature but paid attention to overall functions of the products and picked the top 5. You can see our ratings and a short summary of the product and followed by detailed reviews of each of these 5 top picks. You can decide to purchase them or not, it’s totally up to you. You can follow the links provided if you decide to buy one. Nevertheless, there’s no hurry, you can always take your time to decide.
Best Baby Monitors with Temperature Sensing Features – Our Top List 2017
|Image||Baby Monitor Model||Our Rating||Price on Amazon|
Infant Optics DXR-8 Temperature Sensing Video Baby MonitorDXR-8 should be your favourite choice if you are looking for a versatile baby monitor along with temperature sensing capabilities
Philips Avent DECT Baby Monitor with Temperature SensorA winning product from Philips that combines great features and can be yours for an economical price
ANMEATE Wireless Video Monitor with Temperature MonitorA compact baby monitor with temperature monitoring, night vision and long range. Fits into your budget too
YOOFOSS Baby MonitorA reliable product for monitoring your baby remotely. Comes with temperature sensing feature
Hello Baby Wireless Video Baby MonitorHello Baby baby monitor is very impressive when it comes to operating range, multiple monitoring features and temperature sensing
Reviews of Best Temperature Sensing Baby Monitors
Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor
The DXR-8 Video Monitor Infant Optics is the first baby monitor with an interchangeable lens built technology (Read more about it here). The video is streamed real-time to a slim 3.5 LCD color display giving a crystal clear image without grainy or pixelated textures. Long-life battery provides a reliable charge of 10 hours in power-saving mode, 6 hours with the display screen constantly on.
Plug and play – no setup needed. Unlike internet cameras, secure 2.4GHz FHSS wireless transmission provides 100% digital privacy with delay-free video and audio sound playback.
Total vision control of your baby’s room, or any room, is subsequently a reality. The DXR-8’s innovative lens technology permits you to customize camera performance by switching different lenses on the camera in just seconds. Select the most suitable focal length and viewing angle for the specific environment, just like a professional camera device.
This camera is an investment that grows with the family. Make use of a close-up lens for the intimate vision of the baby, and change for a panoramic lens when your baby becomes more mobile to offer a full view of the baby activity.
Some of the main features of this baby monitor are,
Key Specifications of Infant Optix DXR-8
- It’s the world’s first interchangeable lens System
- Optical lenses mount on camera in seconds
- Full range remote-controlled camera direction
- 3.5″ Color LCD Screen with Night Vision
- Temperature Indicator and Sound-Activated LED
- Remote-Controlled Camera
- Link up to four cameras in a single display unit.
- 2.4GHz FHSS Communication with Data Encryption + Talk-Back
- Convenient quick-key volume and brightness controls
- Alarm function
- Out-of-range warning, Low battery warning, and Battery power indicator.
- Long-lasting Battery Life
No more disturbing beeping warning
The disturbing beeping warning has been disabled from the system for the units sold from 2015. This is an added feature to this baby monitor. Parents have been complaining about the beeping sound and Infant Optics team fixed it.
Remote temperature monitoring has been added to this baby monitor. Now the parent can view the temperature of their baby’s room from other unit and be alert.
- Capability to keep tabs on your baby’s movements without having to always to physically visit their rooms
- Simple to install and monitor. Thanks to the large display screen
- Long life battery life enables constant monitoring. Comes with dual USB chargers and power cord
- Multiple lens options
- One needs to purchase the optical zoom lens for an additional price
- Audio sound can sometimes be hard to hear from far distance
Philips Avent DECT Baby Monitor with Temperature Sensor and Night Mode
Avent DECT Baby Monitor gives advanced monitoring with a reliable crystal clear sound connection, temperature sensing, humidity control, has a soothing night light and integrates lullabies for the baby.
Notable Features of Philips Avent
- 5 LED lights signal sound
- Lights are activated to indicate the level of sound in the baby’s room. Even when the Parent Unit is muted
- Seamless connectivity
- The parent unit of Philips AVENT baby monitor will alert when the power is low or if the device is out of range
- Calming night light and lullabies to relax the baby
- There’s nothing like a soft lullaby and a warm tranquil glow of a night light to calm a restless baby. From any room in the house, you can select one of the 5 relaxing tunes and switch on the night light, helping your baby to drift effortlessly to sleep in no time
- Room temperature monitor – The temperature sensor with sound alert lets you monitor the atmosphere in the baby’s room. Your baby can’t regulate its body temperature as well as you can and a little change in temperature can make the baby restless. The inbuilt temperature sensor will immediately alert you, through the digital display on the parent unit, if the atmosphere in the baby’s room changes
- DECT technology assures zero interference from any other transmitting product like other baby monitors, cordless devices. Data encryption gives a secure and private connection, so you can rest assured that you are the only one that can hear the sound of your baby
Additional Things to Know
Range up to 330 meters
It supports an indoor range up to 50 meters, outdoor range up to 330 meters. The operating range of the baby monitor varies depending on the home’s structural elements and factors that can possibly cause an interference.
Stay connected with the talkback function
Sometimes all that the baby needs is the soothing sound of the parent’s voice. With one click of this feature, you can connect with your baby from anywhere around the home.
Crystal clear sound assurance
Hear every tiny sound, gurgle, and hic-up with crisp clarity. DECT technology offers high quality, crystal clear sound so you can hear the baby anytime.
Energy saving ECO max
Switching on the ECO max option reduces transmission power in the baby room. In the ECO max, the units only connect when the baby makes a sound.
Personalize the alert settings and get notified by a silent and subtle vibration of the parent unit.
Docking station to recharge the parent unit
A docking station allows you to conveniently recharge the parent unit.
Superior operating time
The small, rechargeable parent unit will provide you the freedom of cordless roaming for up to 18 hours before re-charging is required.
Select the best sound level for your surroundings
This enables you to adjust the sound and volume levels, so you can hear every sound in the baby room.
- The Philips Avent DECT integrates many features such as – a talkback feature, room temperature monitoring, lullabies, a night light and a sound display light
- It also has long-life battery life
- It is little expensive from a standpoint that it’s an audio monitor, not video one
ANMEATE Digital Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Temperature Monitor
ANMEATE wireless digital baby monitor comes with night vision and two-way talk system and can keep an eye on baby privately and calmly. But there’s more to it, let’s explore more about this product and we reveal why we picked this up in our top list.
- High-quality color screen
- ANMEATE wireless video baby monitor comes with a high-res display and zoom magnify function. Either day or night, this 2.4-inch screen would output the real-time baby video frequency through the digital camera
- High-definition night vision and temperature monitoring
- This digital camera has 8 infrared LED lights which keep an eye on baby with automatic night vision that will help to alert you if the temperature goes above 89.6a or below 46.4a.
Features You Should Know
Long transmission range
This baby monitor has a long range up to 960ft that allow you see your baby from throughout your house.
Easy to install and High-capacity battery
It’s a plug-in camera and monitor, then you just want to connect! The Li-ion battery is 950mAh that could keep 8 hours in eco mode.
Digital technology offers a private and secure digital connection between the camera and the monitor, providing parents peace of mind all day long.
Additional four cameras
Built with four additional cameras that offer parents the ability to monitor and view more than one room.
Always stay alert with the reliable voice mode activation. It can be adjusted to the sensitivity levels to know when the baby cry or wake up.
- The auto mute function removes any potentially irritating background noise from being played through the parent’s receiver unit
- Long receiver range enables the product to be used almost anywhere in the house or in the neighboring apartment
- The infrared thermometer is effective in monitoring the temperature of the room where the baby is sleeping
- The screen on the receiver unit is smaller than that other baby monitor models, this can make it more difficult to properly observe what is happening in the image
- The auto mute function has the capability to cut out quiet sounds the baby makes that could potentially be important for the parents to hear
YOOFOSS Baby Monitor Wireless Video with Digital Camera
The YOOFOSS baby wireless monitor is a perfect lullaby device for every parent, enabling smooth handling of baby’s activities by introducing various monitoring features. You can learn more about this company at this link.
It has a nice screen that offers you crisp images of your baby and the surrounding environment. Even at night, it gives clear pictures of the baby (thanks to night vision feature). It features a two-way audio talk that allows you to communicate with your baby, especially when it’s crying or restless.
You can choose various lullaby tones from the multiple lullaby playback modes. The audio system is loud enough for parents to hear the sound of the baby when crying. So you don’t have to worry much about carrying the baby from place to place when busy in another apartment of the house. Its battery life is adequate enough for longer monitoring sessions.
- Two-way audio talk – Real-time monitoring of the baby allows you learn when the baby is crying. Lullabies Remote Control function makes it easy for parents to select a soft lullaby and put the baby to sleep effortlessly
- 2.4-inch Large Screen – The 2.4-inch LCD display color makes it perfect for parents to see baby clearly. No need to connect phone or another device, plugin and play with 2 power adapters of a long cable, perform everything on the parent unit
- Temperature Monitoring – Temperature Monitoring lets you assess the temperature in the baby’s room all day long without having to worry about temperature fluctuations
- Infrared night vision – Automatic Night Vision enables you to take good care of your baby in darkness and keep an eye on him/her all night long
- Up to 24 hours built battery life when fully charged
- Multiple lullaby melodies tune to calm the baby
- Special setting modes like feeding alarm
- Good battery life
- Night vision
- Temperature sensing features
- Some settings in the screen menus are not configurable.
Hello Baby Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Temperature Monitoring
Hello Baby baby monitor scored great marks when we reviewed it earlier on this website. It checks the temperature in the home all day long to ensure your baby is comfortable when the temperature is below 8 degrees or above 32 degrees and gives a warning sign when your attention is needed.
The video quality is excellent in the daytime as well as the night vision mode. The microphone picks up minute sounds and the audio is good. The video monitor has eight lullabies tunes and interestingly it also has pan and a tilt motion options. It can tilt 120 degrees, swivels to the left and 360 degrees to the right.
The Hello Baby HB24 wireless video baby monitor offers clear sound quality paired with a 2-way audio unit. You also get a talk-back feature. Another notable feature here is the VOX mode. This mode extends the battery durability of the monitor by turning the screen off when no sound detected and turns it back to on when sound is sensed.
Hello Baby HB24 surely gives you an above average battery life. The manufacturer guarantees up to 12h in VOX mode and 8h if the screen is always switched on.
The night vision is automatically turned on when the usual light starts fading. The viewing angle of the camera can be adjusted manually to 360° horizontal and 120° vertical. A digital zoom helps to observe the picture more closely.
- High-quality image and audio
- You would surely compliment the features such as 2-way audio, eight lullabies songs, eight alarms sound settings, sound indicator, pan, tilt and zoom functions
- Good range that is interference proof
- An excellent power saving mode which is automatically triggered by the sound
- Absent of remote pan and tilt function (it’s manual as of now)
- Automatic switching of the night vision could have been better. We are sure, the company is constantly evolving these features.
Pros and Cons of Temperature Sensing Baby Monitors In General
Well, there are more pros here than the cons when we talk about a temperature sensing baby monitor. Why? Becuase temperature monitoring is just an added feature to the core product. However, it greatly helps parents to understand in case of extremities in the baby’s room temperature and take swift action when needed. Babies are usually tender and can’t withstand extreme temperature. Talk about ACs especially. It also applies to heat conditions when the heater is switched on.
The advantages easily overweigh the demerits anyways. Talking about cons, sometimes the accuracy of temperature sensing baby monitors might not be good and you end up in panic mode when it’s not really needed. However, it’s nothing bad either. You get to see and visit your baby. There’s nothing like touching and playing with your baby. Isn’t it 🙂